NOW HIRING: Website Manager (part-time)
Equator Coffee Roasters is an Ontario-based, mission-driven coffee roasting company from the friendly town of Almonte, Ontario. We exist to connect the coffee drinker to the coffee farmer, from one family to another. We believe the world is a better place with better quality coffee that is sourced ethically and cared for organically. At Equator, coffee is more than just a beautiful beverage; it’s a way to change the world for the better.
The Website Manager’s purpose is to help the organization by treating the website as another retail location by overseeing the marketing, functionality, performance, and content. The manager will be responsible for evaluating performance and adjusting, developing, maintaining, promoting, and updating website content while striving to achieve the organization's targets. The individual is required to create designs like newsletters and must have some marketing/design experience. This role is scheduled for 10-20 hours per week, and is a hybrid position that requires the Website manager to work from the office once-twice a week.
The Website Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Add & modify products and pages, on the website as needed (including writing product descriptions).
- Modify & design changes to the website homepage per season.
- Spearheaded all product launches and promotions on the website.
- Manage web inventory
- Overseeing Amazon seller performance and making changes when needed.
- Troubleshooting when website challenges arise
- Analyze performance of products, and suggest improvements.
- Research products to add to the website or remove based on performance and alignment with brand guidelines.
- Create and implement a yearly promotional plan.
- Developing strategies to increase website sales.
- Developing and implementing effective SEO strategies to improve website rankings in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Evaluating and recommending new technologies that may be used in website development.
- Identifying opportunities for website improvement based on user feedback and performance metrics.
- Design & create newsletters for new product releases or updates.
- Design website banners, and edit images as needed for website content.
- Look at the website and search for product image improvement
- Coordinate photoshoots for new product releases.
- Work with the E-Commerce Coordinator to ensure the best customer experience
- Direct and manage the blog content writer.
- Communicate promotions and product launches with the marketing coordinator and digital marketing.
- Participate in weekly meetings.
- Assess and monitor the website performance.
TIME EXPECTATIONS AND COMPENSATION
- Expected hours per week: 10-20, depending on seasons.
- Hourly rate: $24-$30/per hour depending on experience.
- Team members receive medical expense coverage (after the probationary period), sick days, personal days, a flexible work environment, café discounts and FREE COFFEE. Details can be found in the Equator Employee Handbook.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required to perform this job.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Shopify & Amazon desired
- Skilled in using Adobe Illustrator & Canva
- Design experience preferred.
- Required to work from the office once-twice a week in Almonte (25 minutes from Ottawa downtown), but can work remotely otherwise.
Equator Coffee Roasters prides itself on providing a work atmosphere that is pleasant, productive and supportive.
VISION AND VALUES
Equator’s Production Team Members will always act in harmony with Equator’s Vision and Values.
Passion: Service with Purpose
Our Niche: We source, roast and deliver fair trade, organic specialty coffee.
Target Market/”The List”: Coffee resellers with compatible values within a 2-day delivery radius including small-chain/independent grocery stores, quality-focused beverage service providers and retailers, fundraisers and charities. Priority for customers with high-volume, predictable orders.
Guarantee: You Will Always Have Coffee! We want to be your best supplier!
To apply for this job, please send your resume to email@example.com