Now Hiring: Content Writer (Blogs)
Equator Coffee Roasters is an Ontario-based, mission-driven coffee roasting company from the friendly town of Almonte, Ontario. We exist to connect the coffee drinker to the coffee farmer, from one family to another. We believe the world is a better place with better coffee that is sourced ethically and cared for organically. At Equator, coffee is more than just a beautiful beverage; it is a way of changing the world for the better.
- Part-time (15-20 hours a month)
- Remote work
- The content writer will assist in writing blog posts for the Website Manager and Outreach Coordinator.
- 3-4 blogs a month
- Reports to the website manager
Tasks in support of the website include:
- Generate ideas
- Generate content planning, strategy and scheduling as needed
- Conduct interviews and research
- Create original content as needed, on deadline
- Adhere to the brand’s style guide and content requirements
- Create content that leads to increased sales or online traffic
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company and its products
- Understand the needs of the company’s primary audience
- Ensure to use hyperlinks for products and websites
- Source images and videos and graphs to include
- Post blogs on the website.
- Comply with AODA, by adding alt text to all images.
- Communicate with Outreach, Website Manager and Production when blogs are posted.
- Create a monthly Newsletter sharing information about the new blogs, and or new products.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong interviewing skills
- Creative writing skills
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
Terms and Compensation:
- Hours: part-time (15-20 hours per month)
- Wages: $15.2-19 / hour depending on experience/abilities
To apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.